Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rebel Monkeys Uniting

Well two more monkeys have joined the cause. I think we're going viral. Just a hop skip and a jump away from a book deal! Anyway these two are very very special monkeys to me. Some bona fide long term monkey mates. Some people you meet you seem to always have a bond with, no matter what you do, or where you go. And they're the type of people that will know how much it means to you if they join your blog. Loads of love to you both!

In other news, two little mANsters left London for Amsterdam yesterday. I can only hope that The Evil Jeanious Dr.G and The diSpencer enjoyed their time here and their opinion of the city wasn't completely spoiled by the bad tasting water and poor restaurant service. It's a cruel world we live in where a cold bottle of SmartWater™ isn't constantly at just an arms reach away. ;)

In our evening out, the three of us enjoyed one of my favorite pastimes: Watching People and Talking Loudly About Them Because You've Forgotten They Aren't On A Television Show. The diSpencer was particularly skilled at this game and his deep and thorough knowledge of The Art of Picking Up Women never ceased to amaze me. I could use this opportunity to go into the story of the man who looked most similarly to Brad Pitt than anyone I've ever seen and how The Evil Jeanious blew any chance with B. Pitt by turning her BACK to him when she passed him on the way to the bathroom, but I won't bore you with such things. Besides, I've basically just told the whole story. What I would like to comment on is the diSpencer's aversion to some of the style choices made by females here. Perhaps his criticisms were a bit harsh and by no means should women feel pressure to dress only to impress men (unless they are pushing their late 30's, are single, have no children, and a fat ass. in which case, get your shit together and work it girl. you aint makin eggs forever). That being said, there's no shame in taking a bit of pride in how you look. I'm all for people trying to express themselves freely and openly through the art of fashion. But must this mean refusing to go out until you have cloaked yourself in all things ugly. I like to see risks being taken and I have seen some fabulously dressed people here, but none of them, I repeat none of them were wearing the oh so popular MC Hammer pant with the crotch that falls somewhere below the kneeline. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS PANT. unless you are hiding something between your legs. and that something is a big cock. or a piece of large automatic weaponry. or you're incontinent and are trying to hide your adult diapers. If anyone has an explanation for this pant or knows the people responsible for designing this pant, please let me know as soon as possible.

Now that I have started on this rant, I feel it is only fair to mention the case of Ferris Bueller and the Dead Man's Loafers. On the night of the World Cup Final, Jim and I found ourselves watching in a pub called The Griffin in a place called Shoreditch. (Don't worry that doesn't mean much to me either). But it soon became evident that on this night, The Griffin in Shoreditch happened to be hosting a reunion of sitcom characters from the early 90's. Is there a way we can get away from this pattern where at the end of every decade we run out of new trends so we recycle all the bad styles from the decade before? I present to you the gentleman which Jim very astutely deemed Ferris Bueller. That might help with a starting image, but I'd like to go further and give you a better picture. Imagine high top black chuck taylors, white socks to mid-calf, khaki slightly too tight above the knee shorts, Hawaiian print button down shirt tucked in and baggy enough that it creates a large pocket of air in the lower back area that billows in the wind, ray ban wayfarers (obviously...this is also in a pub, and at night), and a hair cut that would make Zack Morris and Shawn Hunter weak at the knees. If he wasn't the most popular guy in high school and could easily get away with playing hooky for a day, stealing a porsche, and sneaking onto a parade float, I would totally be hatin. Now let's take a look at his stunning lady friend. Start with her dead dad's loafers (that one's courtesy of jim) falling apart big toe sticking out, white patterned socks (also to the calf), baggy stone-wash denim shorts rolled once pulled up to mid waist belted and covered with embroidered cherries, a baggy denim shirt cut-off, and a sweater tied around the waist. Simply fascinating. It was like they modeled themselves after a photo of my brother and I in Disney World in 1994. I would be upset but I just think its nice to know that DJ Tanner and Steve are still together, are living happily in London, and haven't changed a bit.

Ahh well that felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment